Going through menopause is never easy. Not only do you have to battle with the fact that you’re indeed at the age to experience it, you are also on an emotional rollercoaster every day. It is not at all unusual to feel anxious and depressed, or have extreme mood swings. You also have to deal with the physical symptoms like hot flashes, fatigue, insomnia and decreasing sexual drive. Menopause can alienate even the people closest to you, which is why it is important that you find ways on how to cope with it. Fortunately, aside from prescribed medicines, there are natural remedies that you can consider, which are what most female gynecologists will also recommend to you:
1. Eating food with lots of calcium. Calcium is good for your bones and prevents osteoporosis. Milk and cheese are a great addition to your diet.
2. Drinking vitamins. Vitamin A boosts your immune system, vitamin B decreases homocysteine levels, which are associated with stroke and heart disease, vitamin C protects you from colds and the flu, vitamin D increases your bone strength, and vitamin E is good for the skin.
3. Drinking beet juice. Beet juice is said to improve your blood circulation and take care of your tired muscles. This will greatly improve your disposition if undergoing menopause and may lesson feelings of fatigue and weariness.
4. Taking clover isoflavone supplements. It is said to protect you against breast cancer. It also prevents sudden hot flashes.
5. Getting lots of exercise. It is still the best and most natural way of keeping fit. It improves your lung power and stamina. You can also try yoga and meditation.
6. Eating vegetables, especially soy. This increases your estrogen levels.
7. Drinking lots of water. The prescribed 8 glasses of water a day is said to help reduce hot flashes.
8. Drinking herbs like the black cohosh. This is widely used and recommended by a lot of female gynecologists as it relieves hot flashes, decreases anxiety and depression and helps with vaginal dryness.
There are a lot of menopause treatments and therapy out there today, but it is still best to go with natural remedies first. Not only do you avoid spending too much – the steps outlined above are something that should be part of your everyday routine and lifestyle. Female gynecologists attest that you would hardly come to any harm by trying them out.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.