When it comes to knowing the ins and outs of your body, there’s no one better and more professional to assess it than a female gynecologist. This is because she is a medical doctor who focuses on female reproductive systems, and to have another woman talk to you about what’s going on with your body is comforting and assuring.
A female gynecologist’s job is to perform preventative examinations. This typically includes asking you about your medical history, what medications you are taking, if you have any allergies, discussing the possibility of having a breast cancer screening, reviewing your immunizations, and screenings for the following: cholesterol, high blood pressure, Chlamydia, sexually transmitted diseases and more. She can also offer treatments or diagnose problems.
But even if a female gynecologist can help with your various problems, it is still up to you to take care of yourself and be healthy. Here is some excellent advice on how care for your body:
- Keep fit through regular exercise. If you don’t like going to the gym, you can try pilates or yoga. This increases blood flow, which is good for the body.
- Always eat healthy food and take lots of vitamins. Stay away from fatty and oily dishes, as well as junk food.
- Have safe sex. Always use a condom or other contraceptives and avoid having intimate relations with people you barely know, as they can give you diseases or other sickness.
- Use gentle soap to wash your genitalia. Avoid strong soaps that might cause irritation and inflammation.
- Avoid wearing too tight underwear, especially those made out of polyester or nylon, as this increases your chance of getting yeast infections.
- Ask your female gynecologist if you need vaccinations for hepatitis A and B.
- Ask your female gynecologist if you need the following tests: pap smear, breast exam and pelvic exam.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.