Would You Rather Have a Male or Female Gynecologist?
Part of choosing a gynecologist is deciding whether you want a male or female gynecologist. It is important that you get to ask the most personal or embarrassing questions with someone whom you are really comfortable with. Here are some differences between having a male or female gynecologist, according to different women:
- Male gynecologists are said to be gentler than female gynecologists
- Male gynecologists tend to be more objective than female gynecologists because they rely on data whereas females have their own subjective experiences to compare to
- Male gynecologists can also communicate better with the female patient’s spouse or partner, and give advice on how to take care of their wife
- However, some find it more awkward to be with males rather than female gynecologists because having a check-up involves showing your genitalia with the opposite sex
- Male gynecologists are more liable to sexual harassment issues, especially if they hold consultations without the presence of a female nurse
- Female gynecologists are also more knowledgeable about the woman’s body because they are also women, they have similar body make-up and experiences
- Female gynecologists are also said to spend more time with patients and are more open to discuss private matters, from simple concerns like menstruation to more complicated issues like sexual abuse
- Female gynecologists can empathize more because they share similar sentiments with women
There are a lot more reasons out there that will influence you on your choice. The most important thing to remember here is you have to go with someone whom you really trust. Male or female gynecologist, you should be able to get the best care possible, regardless of their gender.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.